Building a positive, joyous school culture enables rigorous and engaging learning to thrive. The Purposeful Culture™ workshop equips leadership teams to be the drivers of change in their own schools.
Who Should Attend:
The Purposeful Culture™ workshop is designed for leadership teams who are responsible for creating a safe and supportive environment in public charter schools, traditional public schools, and private schools that serve a high-poverty student population. United Schools Network serves students in grades K-8, but high school leadership teams are encouraged to participate as well.
The workshop is not limited to people with formal leadership roles; teachers who play a critical role in any of the following should attend:
the design and installation of purposeful student culture systems to maximize learning time.
the design and installation of purposeful school and classroom systems & procedures.
School culture experts draw a direct line between a supportive environment and student learning.⁴
Through an intensive study of the culture and management systems at the United Schools Network (USN), participants learn how to design a highly structured and supportive environment. You will leave the Purposeful Culture™ workshop with the knowledge and tools needed to design and execute a school culture system that allows students to learn and teachers to teach.
- Implement the five keys outlined in Purposeful Culture™
- Create a shared language for school-based culture systems.
- Design key culture systems that facilitate a supportive environment.
- Lead effective practice with their staff.
- Codify and continuously improve culture systems.
You will receive:
- USN’s Culture Manual;
- The Purposeful Culture™ videos including the description of each video and talking points that can be used in training at your own school;
- The forms that accompany each culture system;
- USN’s Culture Camp schedule for student orientation;
- The presentation slides and leader materials for the Purposeful Culture™ workshop;
- The Purposeful Culture™ workbook that accompanies the workshop.
4: Pianta, R.C. and others. “Opportunities to Learn in America’s Elementary Schools.” Science, 2007, 315, 1795-1796.